Rules and Regulations
Do not bring real swords, guns or any other type of an authentic weapon!!! Only props allowed!!!
Rules, Regulations & Common Sense
- Use common sense and remember what seems harmless to you may appear like a threat to someone else.
- All weapons must be carried into the hall in a bag of some sort.
- Remember that other convention center attendees may not be aware of the costume contests and may be frightened by something even remotely looking like a weapon. Keep your prop/weapon covered when walking through parking lots, when riding on buses, and when walking through the main part of the convention hall.
- We ask that all people carrying props stay in the main hall area or in the specified costume contest rooms. If you need to leave these areas for any reason, you must place your prop back in the bag you carried it in.
- There will be absolutely no play-acting with props allowed outside of the rooms designated for contests. (Please remember each contest will have their own set of rules for their event so please check the rules for contest you are involved in.)
Even though you know you are play acting not all attendees in the hall will know this. Use common sense and don’t frighten other attendees.
When you are leaving the hall at the end of the day you must return your prop into the bag you carried it in. All props must be carried out the same way they were carried in. I know that once the convention is over you may think, “What does it matter if I carry my prop out in the open. The show is over what can they do?” Unfortunately what you are doing is ruining any chances of us being allowed to continue to have props in future shows. Please do not ruin this opportunity for future years.
I have personally told the personnel at the convention center what a great group of responsible attendees we have at MegaCon. Please do not let future attendees or me down by not adhering to these rules. They are simple and make it safe for everyone.
Have a great and safe time at MegaCon!
MegaCon Staff and Orange County Convention Center Security Staff will be monitoring all convention space to make sure all props/weapons adhere to the above rules and regulations. Should you have any questions regarding your item, there will be a check point to have your items inspected to make sure they adhere to the rules and regulations.
For MegaCon 2014, the Props Check Point will be located in front of the South Exhibit Hall B Escalators on Level 2 of the Orange County Convention Center North/South Building.
Photographic and Media Consent
By attending and/or exhibiting at the annual MegaCon event, I hereby consent to the collection and use of my personal images by photography and/or video recording. I acknowledge these may be used for promotional purposes by MegaCon for current and future events.