HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- You must be available to attend volunteer orientation..
- You must be available to work a 10-hour day either Thrusday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday during the convention May 26-29, 2016.
Please note that although we do receive many out of town requests to volunteer, MegaCon is not responsible for travel OR accommodations.
THE MEGACON VOLUNTEER TEAM IS:
- Expected to act appropriately as they are representatives of MegaCon.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality with any information received at MegaCon.
- Not permitted to make any statements or actions that would affect the convention, including statements to the public and/or press.
- Expected to perform their requested duties to the best of their abilities. If for any reason volunteers are unable to do what is asked of them, please inform the Supervisor so that other arrangements can be made.
- Not guaranteed to work in a specific event. Some duties will be specific to either Anime, Science Fiction, Horror, Gaming or Comic, while others will deal with all events.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GIVE?
- A single 10-hour day is requested but you may work more if you’d like!
- Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the convention before & after their scheduled duties.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
- Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
- To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene. Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
- Volunteers are not permitted to cosplay while working their shift.
- The MegaCon staff reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer whom they feel does not adhere to the guidelines set out by MegaCon, and/or who fails to satisfactorily complete their duties.